This low-fat Asian fish soup is a healthy and hearty meal idea for the whole family.
The ingredient of Aromatic fish and vegetable soup with noodles
- 1 small (about 120g) carrot, peeled
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded
- 100g green beans
- 2 large (or 4 small) green shallots
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 100g mung bean thread noodles
- 200g boneless white fish fillet (like ling), cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, loosely packed shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley, loosely packed, roughly chopped
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Aromatic fish and vegetable soup with noodles
- Cut the carrot and capsicum into thin 3cm-long strips. Top and tail the beans and cut into 3cm lengths. Trim the green shallots and diagonally thinly slice.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the carrot, capsicum and beans. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the green shallots and fish to the soup, and cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- While the fish is cooking, drain the noodles and use kitchen scissors to cut them into 4cm lengths. Divide among serving bowls.
- Stir the basil and parsley into the soup. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup over the noodles and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Aromatic fish and vegetable soup with noodlescalories: 336.751 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 52 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 54 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1543.62 milligrams sodium