The ingredient of Prawn & noodle soup with coriander paste
- 1 250g pkt dried Chinese (wheat) noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1.25 L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 16 (about 300g) medium green prawns, peeled with tails left intact, deveined
- 60mls (1/4 cup) fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 large carrot, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander roots and stems
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
The instruction how to make Prawn & noodle soup with coriander paste
- To make the coriander paste: Combine the coriander roots and stems, garlic, ginger, chilli and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until a paste forms. Scrape the sides of the bowl when necessary. (Alternatively, use a mortar and pestle). Transfer the paste to a bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent it from discolouring.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or following packet directions, until tender. Drain and rinse under hot water. Place in a large bowl and toss with the oil. Cover with foil, set aside and keep warm.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium, add the prawns and simmer for 1 minute or until they curl, change colour and are just cooked through. Remove the prawns from the stock with a slotted spoon. Remove the stock from heat and add the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Separate the noodles and divide them among 4 serving bowls. Top with the carrot, green shallots and prawns. Ladle the hot stock over, sprinkle with coriander leaves and top with a spoonful of the coriander paste. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Prawn & noodle soup with coriander pastecalories: 330.776 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 76 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2904.44 milligrams sodium