Grab a few ingredients, then see out the winter with this fast and fragrant French onion soup.
The ingredient of French onion soup with parmesan croutons
- 1.5L Massel beef style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 50g butter
- 600g brown onions, thinly sliced
- 600g red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 12 x 1cm-thick slices baguette
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make French onion soup with parmesan croutons
- Place stock in a saucepan over mediumu2013high heat and bring to the boil. Cover and keep warm until needed.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil and butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Add all onions and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until browned. Stir in flour and vinegar, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Gradually stir in hot stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- To make crou00fbtons, preheat grill to high. Place baguette in a large bowl and drizzle with remaining 80ml (1/3 cup) oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss well to combine. Place on an oven tray and scatter over parmesan. Grill for 5 minutes or until parmesan is golden.
- Divide soup among bowls and top with crou00fbtons to serve.
Nutritions of French onion soup with parmesan croutonscalories: 594.154 calories
calories: 43 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams sugar
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 34 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1781.08 milligrams sodium