These five-spice flavoured chicken dumplings give some bite to this delicious hokkien noodle soup.
The ingredient of Spicy chicken dumpling and noodle soup
- 600g chicken mince
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice (see note)
- 1 eggwhite
- 2 red chillies, deseeded, finely sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, trimmed, roughly chopped (see note)
- 600g packet fresh hokkien noodles
The instruction how to make Spicy chicken dumpling and noodle soup
- Combine mince, five-spice powder, eggwhite, chillies and green onions in a bowl. Mix well. Form into 12 small dumplings. Place onto a tray. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes if time permits.
- Bring chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar to the boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add dumplings. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove dumplings to a plate. Keep warm.
- Return stock to the boil. Add choy sum and noodles. Cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are tender. Return dumplings to saucepan.
- Ladle dumplings, noodles and soup into bowls. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Spicy chicken dumpling and noodle soupcalories: 469.396 calories
calories: 14.3 grams fat
calories: 4.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 43.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 135 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2360 milligrams sodium