High in fibre and low in saturated fat, this Indian spiced red lentil soup is sure to please!
The ingredient of Indian spiced red lentil soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup korma curry paste
- 1 Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup pearl barley, washed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Indian spiced red lentil soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Stir to combine.
- Stir in stock, tomato, lentils and barley. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until barley is tender. Divide between bowls. Top with coriander. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Indian spiced red lentil soupcalories: 287.278 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 1646.29 milligrams sodium