Nothing beats a healthy, homemade vegetable soup. This version features quinoa, tomato and peas.
The ingredient of Quinoa, tomato and spring vegetable soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (85g) white quinoa, rinsed, drained (see tip)
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 reduced-salt vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 150g snow peas, halved
- 150g sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (80g) low-fat natural yoghurt
The instruction how to make Quinoa, tomato and spring vegetable soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add quinoa, tomatoes, stock cubes and 1.25 litres (5 cups) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 12 minutes or until quinoa is tender, adding a little more water if soup is becoming too thick.
- Add snow peas, sugar snaps and asparagus and simmer, covered, for 2u20133 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle soup with basil and serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
Nutritions of Quinoa, tomato and spring vegetable soupcalories: