Get back to the basics with this creamy pea soup topped with finely chopped chives.
The ingredient of 5-ingredient creamy pea soup
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 750g frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- Finely chopped chives, to serve
The instruction how to make 5-ingredient creamy pea soup
- Heat a large greased saucepan over low heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until onion softens.
- Add the stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add the peas and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until mixture just comes to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Use a stick blender to carefully blend until almost smooth. Add half the cream and blend to combine. Season.
- Ladle soup evenly among serving bowls. Drizzle with remaining cream and sprinkle with chives to serve.
Nutritions of 5-ingredient creamy pea soupcalories: 191.2 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 559 milligrams sodium