With just 10 minutes of prep, this easy Mexican mixed bean slow-cooker soup is the perfect set and forget midweek meal.
The ingredient of Mexican mixed bean slow-cooker soup
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 300g jar chunky chipotle salsa
- 30g sachet salt-reduced taco spice mix
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 3 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1/3 cup sour cream, to serve
- Sliced green chilli, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 4 chargrilled tortillas, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican mixed bean slow-cooker soup
- Place the capsicum, salsa, spice mix, tomatoes, corn, stock powder, kidney beans, sugar and 1 litre water in a slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 hours (or HIGH for 3 hours) or until thickened slightly.
- Remove corn cobs from soup and place on a chopping board. Stir black beans and coriander into soup. Cook, covered, on HIGH for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, remove kernels from corn, keeping kernels in large chunks. Add to soup.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with sour cream, chilli and extra coriander. Serve with lime wedges and tortillas.
Nutritions of Mexican mixed bean slow-cooker soupcalories: 472.503 calories
calories: 14.3 grams fat
calories: 7.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 61.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16.1 grams protein
calories: 25 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1680 milligrams sodium