The ingredient of Red lentil & sweet potato soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 110g (1/2 cup) dried split red lentils
- 875ml (3 1/2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- Plain savoury biscuits or bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Red lentil & sweet potato soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until the onion softens slightly.
- Add the sweet potato, lentils and stock to the pan, and stir well to combine. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, stirring frequently, for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with biscuits or bread.
Nutritions of Red lentil & sweet potato soupcalories: 240.195 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 853.14 milligrams sodium