Warm up with this creamy Greek lemon and chicken slow-cooker soup, known as avgolemono.
The ingredient of Greek lemon and chicken slow-cooker soup
- 600g chicken breast fillets
- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- 2 Masterfoods Bay Leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2/3 cup medium-grain white rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 80g marinated fetta in oil, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon zest, to serve
The instruction how to make Greek lemon and chicken slow-cooker soup
- Place the chicken, stock, 3 1/2 cups water, bay leaves, garlic and rice in a slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on LOW for 6 hours (or HIGH for 3 hours) or until chicken is tender.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a heatproof bowl. Using 2 forks, shred chicken. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Whisk eggs and lemon juice together in a bowl. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the hot stock mixture to eggs, whisking until combined. Return u00be of the chicken to the soup. Stir in egg mixture. Cook, stirring, on HIGH for 5 minutes or until soup whitens and thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with remaining chicken, fetta in oil, parsley and lemon zest. Serve.
Nutritions of Greek lemon and chicken slow-cooker soupcalories: 413.231 calories
calories: 11.2 grams fat
calories: 5.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 32.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44.1 grams protein
calories: 196 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1758 milligrams sodium