This rich seafood soup combines the best from the sea with fresh vegetables and spices.
The ingredient of Mediterranean seafood soup with garlic toasts
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g can Italian tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups fish stock or vegetable stock
- 1 pinch saffron threads (optional)
- 2 strips lemon rind (about 3cm wide and 6cm long), white pith removed
- 600g firm white boneless fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 6 slices sourdough bread or baguette
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 18 raw prawns
- 18 mussels
- 1 leek, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 red capsicum, halved and finely chopped
The instruction how to make Mediterranean seafood soup with garlic toasts
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving the tails intact. Scrub mussels, then pull off the beard (the little seaweedy bit that hangs from the join).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leek and capsicum and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly coloured. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Add tomato, stock, saffron and lemon rind, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Add fish, prawns and mussels and cook, covered, for 5 mins, until mussels open up and fish and prawns change colour.
- Meanwhile, toast bread on both sides. Rub with cut sides of garlic clove, and drizzle with oil. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and season with pepper. Serve immediately with the garlic toasts.
Nutritions of Mediterranean seafood soup with garlic toastscalories: