This soups so easy - simply raid the pantry, and you dont even need to turn on the oven.
The ingredient of Roasted red capsicum & tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 500g ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 x 425g btl Always Fresh roasted red capsicums, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 410g can tomato puree
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Olive oil, extra, to serve
- Bought hummus, to serve
- 2 Turkish bread rolls, split, toasted, cut into 3cm-thick slices
The instruction how to make Roasted red capsicum & tomato soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato, stock, capsicum and tomato puree, and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the tomato is tender.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with the basil and drizzle over the extra oil. Spread hummus over the Turkish toasts and serve with the soup.
Nutritions of Roasted red capsicum & tomato soupcalories: 424.225 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams protein