The ingredient of Mushroom soup with goats cheese toast
- 40g butter
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large (about 400g) sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 120g goats cheese, crumbled
- 4 thick slices rye bread, toasted
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
The instruction how to make Mushroom soup with goats cheese toast
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the potato and the Swiss brown, button and cup mushrooms. Stir until combined. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the cream. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Spread the goats cheese evenly over the toasted rye bread and cook under grill, about 5cm from heat source, for 3 minutes or until brown.
- Place the soup in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls or cups. Sprinkle with thyme and serve immediately with goats cheese toast.
Nutritions of Mushroom soup with goats cheese toastcalories: 369.255 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 1262.69 milligrams sodium