This hearty cannellini, bacon and chilli soup is a real soul warmer. Serve with sourdough croutons.
The ingredient of Cannellini bacon and chilli cream soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 150g speck (or thickly cut bacon), cut into small thick cubes
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced or 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, or to taste
- 2 x 400g canned cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 250g potatoes, peeled & diced
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock or chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup Bulla cooking cream
- 2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped, to serve
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped, to serve
- Sliced chilli, extra, optional, to serve
The instruction how to make Cannellini bacon and chilli cream soup
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add speck or bacon and cook stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes or until crisp. Using slotted spoon remove bacon to a paper towel lined tray, set aside. Add bread to frying pan and cook in speck fat, turning until golden on all sides. Remove from heat, place in a small bowl with bacon. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add remaining olive oil and sautu00e9, onion, garlic and chilli until onion softens (4-5 minutes). Add beans, potato, stock and bay leaf reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potato is cooked. Remove bay leaf and process in batches in a food processor until smooth. Return soup to saucepan, stir in cream and bring to a simmer.
- Roughly crumble croutons and bacon mixture add chopped parsley, chives and optional chilli. Serve soup topped with crouton mixture and a drizzle of good quality olive oil.
Nutritions of Cannellini bacon and chilli cream soupcalories: