This slow cooker chicken and corn soup will warm up cold winter days, and everyones tummies, too!
The ingredient of Slow cooker chicken and corn soup recipe
- 4 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 1.6kg Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Whole Chicken
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, bruised
- 6 silverbeet leaves, trimmed, shredded
- 1/2 garlic clove, extra, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp lemon zest
The instruction how to make Slow cooker chicken and corn soup recipe
- Use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn cobs to release the kernels, reserving the cobs.
- Place the corn kernels, corn cobs, chicken, leek and whole garlic cloves in a slow cooker. Add enough cold water to just cover the chicken. Cover and cook for 6 hours on high (or 8 hours on low) or until chicken is falling off the bone.
- Transfer chicken to a deep baking dish. Set aside for 5 mins to cool. Use 2 forks to coarsely shred the meat, discarding the skin and bones.
- Discard corn cobs. Transfer one-third of the corn mixture to a blender. Cool slightly. Blend until smooth. Return to slow cooker with chicken and silverbeet. Cover and cook for 2 mins on high or until silverbeet just wilts. Season.
- Combine chopped garlic, parsley and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Serve soup with the parsley mixture.
Nutritions of Slow cooker chicken and corn soup recipecalories: 463.899 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 208 milligrams sodium