This creamy soup was the winner of this weeks food fight.
The ingredient of Leek, potato and parmesan soup with goats cheese croutons
- 100g butter, chopped
- 3 (1kg) leeks, white part only, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 (200g) desiree potatoes, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 100g parmesan, finely grated
- 12 x 1cm-thick slices of baguette
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 150g log goats cheese or ricotta, cut into 12 rounds
- 2 teaspoons thyme sprigs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
The instruction how to make Leek, potato and parmesan soup with goats cheese croutons
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Add vegetables and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Remove 1/4 cup leeks and onions and set aside. Add 1.5 litres boiling water and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Add cream and parmesan to soup, then puree with a hand blender or, in batches, in a food processor until smooth. Return soup to pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently reheat over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, for croutons, preheat grill to medium. Place bread on an oven tray and grill on both sides until light golden. Spread each crouton with a smear of mustard. Top with a slice of goats cheese and a little thyme. Drizzle with oil and grill for a further 2-3 minutes or until cheese is warmed through. Serve soup topped with reserved leek mixture and warm croutons.
Nutritions of Leek, potato and parmesan soup with goats cheese croutonscalories: 448.125 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 84 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 579.63 milligrams sodium