Crisp slices of lup chung (Chinese sausage) add the finishing touch to each miniature bowl of this Asian twist on pea soup.
The ingredient of Green pea soup with crispy lup chung
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 355g (2 1/3 cups) frozen peas
- 25g English spinach leaves, washed
- 1 lup chung (Chinese sausage), thinly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Green pea soup with crispy lup chung
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add chilli and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the peas are bright green and tender. Stir in the spinach leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the stock mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. (Alternatively, use a stick blender.)
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lup chung and cook for 20 seconds each side or until brown and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Divide the soup among Chinese tea cups, or small serving bowls or glasses. Sprinkle with the lup chung and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Green pea soup with crispy lup chungcalories: 83.889 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 3 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 308.62 milligrams sodium