This creamy soup is an elegant addition to your cooking repertoire especially when paired with tangy muffins.
The ingredient of Creamy zucchini and basil soup with parmesan muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1kg green zucchini, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- 40g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Melted butter, to grease
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 20g (1/4 cup) shredded parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 20g butter, melted
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Creamy zucchini and basil soup with parmesan muffins
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the zucchini and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is soft. Remove from heat and stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, to make the muffins, preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Brush eight 30ml (1 1/2-tablespoons) capacity mini muffin pans with melted butter to grease. Combine the flour, parmesan and chives in a large bowl. Add the butter, milk and egg and stir to combine. Spoon the batter among the prepared pans and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Pour half the zucchini mixture into the jug of a blender and blend until almost smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture. Add the shredded parmesan and cream and stir over low heat until well combined and heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls and top with shaved parmesan. Serve immediately with parmesan muffins.
Nutritions of Creamy zucchini and basil soup with parmesan muffinscalories: 422.552 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 939.93 milligrams sodium