The strong flavour of blue cheese is the perfect accompaniment to this light and tasty French onion soup.
The ingredient of French onion soup with blue cheese toasts
- 30g butter
- 4 brown onions, halved, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel beef style liquid stock
- 80g Castello blue cheese, at room temperature
- 4 x 1cm thick slices crusty bread stick
- Freshly ground pepper
The instruction how to make French onion soup with blue cheese toasts
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until soft and light golden.
- Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes. Add the brandy and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Divide the cheese into four portions. Toast the bread until golden. Top each toast with a slice of cheese and spread lightly. Divide the soup among serving bowls. Season with pepper. Serve with the blue cheese toasts.
Nutritions of French onion soup with blue cheese toastscalories: 262.422 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 21 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 37 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1503.68 milligrams sodium