This recipe uses a honey mustard flavoured butter rubbed underneath the skin of the chicken to give you a succulent, flavoursome roast that will steal the show on Christmas Day!
The ingredient of Honey mustard roast chicken with gravy recipe
- 1/3 cup (80g) Western Star Original Spreadable butter
- 1 tbs chopped chives
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1.8kg Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Whole Medium Chicken
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- Roasted vegetables, to serve
The instruction how to make Honey mustard roast chicken with gravy recipe
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Lightly grease a flameproof roasting pan. Combine the Western Star Original Spreadable, chives, mustard and honey in a bowl. Carefully slide your fingers between the flesh and skin of the chicken breast to loosen.
- Spoon the mixture under the skin. Use your hands to spread the mixture evenly over the chicken, brushing any of the remaining mixture over top of skin. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together. Place in the prepared pan.
- Roast for 1 1/4 hours or until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Transfer to a serving platter. Set aside for 10 mins to rest.
- Meanwhile, pour the juices from the pan into a heatproof jug. Discard the fat from the surface, reserving 2 tbs. Return reserved fat to the pan. Place over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring and scraping base of the pan, for 2 mins. Gradually add stock and pan juices, stirring and scraping constantly. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the mixture thickens. Strain into a jug.
- Serve the chicken with the gravy and roasted vegetables.
Nutritions of Honey mustard roast chicken with gravy recipecalories: