A warming and delicious cool weather soup, this spicy lentil soup will leave you feeling souper!.
The ingredient of Curried lentil soup with cheese naan bread
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced lengthways
- 2 long green chillies, halved lengthways
- 1 teaspoon mild Indian curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (including leaves)
- 1 cup (200g) brown lentils
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 8 small (or 4 large) naan breads
- 1 cup (120g) tasty Cheese
- 1/4 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Curried lentil soup with cheese naan bread
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and chillies for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add curry powder, turmeric and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, carrots and celery to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add lentils, stock and 3 cups water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender and soup has thickened.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place naan on a large oven tray. Sprinkle with grated cheese, then bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve soup topped with yoghurt and coriander, and with cheese naan.
Nutritions of Curried lentil soup with cheese naan breadcalories: 536.077 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 53 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 846.4 milligrams sodium