The earthy flavour of celeriac is offset by the sweetness of pumpkin in this nourishing winter soup.
The ingredient of Celeriac & pumpkin soup with blue cheese & pear toasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 (about 900g) celeriac, trimmed, peeled, quartered, thinly sliced, leaves reserved
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1 small French bread stick (baguette), sliced crossways
- 100g Castello blue cheese
- 1 large Packham pear, cored, thinly sliced lengthways
The instruction how to make Celeriac & pumpkin soup with blue cheese & pear toasts
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the celeriac, pumpkin and stock. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the celeriac is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Use a stick blender to puree until smooth, adding a little water if necessary. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on medium-high. Place bread on a baking tray. Grill for 1 minute each side or until golden. Spread toasts with blue cheese and top with pear.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Top with the reserved celeriac leaves. Season with pepper. Serve with blue cheese toasts.
Nutritions of Celeriac & pumpkin soup with blue cheese & pear toastscalories: 411.08 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 49 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams protein