With only 5 ingredients, these easy chicken and fig wellingtons are packed full of flavour and have the crispy pastry that you love.
The ingredient of 5-ingredient chicken and fig wellingtons recipe
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 1/3 cup fig, date and balsamic chutney
- 3 sheets butter puff pastry, partially thawed
- Olive oil spray
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- Fig, date and balsamic chutney, plus extra to serve
The instruction how to make 5-ingredient chicken and fig wellingtons recipe
- Preheat oven to 230C/210C fan-forced. Line 1 large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Fill pockets with chutney.
- Slice pastry into 16 x 4cm-wide strips. Discard any remaining pastry. Place 4 pastry strips, slightly overlapping, on a board. Top with 1 chicken breast, top-side down. Season with salt and pepper. Fold pastry over to enclose chicken. Trim and discard any excess pastry. Place, seam-side down, on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pastry strips and chicken.
- Spray pastry with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, adding vegetables to tray for last 10 minutes of cooking time, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are just tender. Serve with extra chutney.
Nutritions of 5-ingredient chicken and fig wellingtons recipecalories: 733.73 calories
calories: 27.5 grams fat
calories: 16.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 74.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 43.8 grams protein
calories: 128 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 372 milligrams sodium