This beautiful pea soup with lobster and risoni salad is a gourmet entree to impress at even the most special of occasions.
The ingredient of Chilled pea soup with lobster and risoni salad
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 500g fresh peas or frozen peas
- 1 potato, peeled, chopped
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- 200g risoni*
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon*, pith and pulp removed, finely chopped
- 1 small cooked lobster
The instruction how to make Chilled pea soup with lobster and risoni salad
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan, add leek and cook over a low heat until soft but not coloured. Add 400g of peas, the potato and stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is cooked. Cool slightly, then puree in a blender. Stir in cream and refrigerate.
- Cook the risoni in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, adding the reserved peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again. Place in a bowl with herbs, remaining oil, the lemon juice and preserved lemon. Taste for seasoning. Remove lobster meat from the shell, slice into medallions and add to salad. Season well. Place a mound of the salad in each bowl and pour chilled soup around.
Nutritions of Chilled pea soup with lobster and risoni saladcalories: 404.627 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 36 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 614.89 milligrams sodium