Prawns are the ultimate complement to this spicy pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Thai-style red curry pumpkin soup with prawns
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2-4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1.3kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 20 green prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai-style red curry pumpkin soup with prawns
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the pumpkin and lime leaves. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Transfer half the pumpkin soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the soup to a clean saucepan.
- Repeat with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Place over low heat and add the coconut milk. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until they curl and change colour. Ladle the soup into shallow bowls. Top with the prawns and coriander and serve.
Nutritions of Thai-style red curry pumpkin soup with prawnscalories: 439.76 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 1268.56 milligrams sodium