This hearty soup is even more irresistible with Mexican spices and a cheesy topping.
The ingredient of Pumpkin & chickpea soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1kg Butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar or Mexican-style cheese
- Sour cream, to serve
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin & chickpea soup
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook the leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, oregano, chilli powder and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the stock, pumpkin, chickpeas and cinnamon. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Remove and discard cinnamon.
- Blend the pumpkin mixture until smooth. Top with cheese and sour cream and sprinkle with coriander.
Nutritions of Pumpkin & chickpea soupcalories: 396.74 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams protein