Crushed candy canes add festive flair to creamy homemade ice cream.
The ingredient of Candy cane ice cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (see notes)
- 6 candy canes, crushed
The instruction how to make Candy cane ice cream
- Using electric beaters, beat yolks and sugar until thick and pale. Place the milk and half the cream in a saucepan and heat to just below boiling point, then pour over the yolk mixture, stirring constantly. Return to the saucepan, then cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, over low heat for 3-4 minutes until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Transfer to a bowl and stir in peppermint extract. Cover closely with baking paper to prevent a skin from forming. Cool slightly, then chill for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 150ml cream to soft peaks and fold through the custard. Churn in an ice cream machine according to the manufactureru2019s instructions. (Alternatively, pour into a shallow container and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen at edges. Remove from the freezer and beat with electric beaters until smooth. Return to the container and refreeze. Repeat 2 times.) Stir in most of the candy cane, reserving some to garnish, transfer to a plastic container and freeze overnight.
- Serve scoops of ice cream sprinkled with remaining candy cane.
Nutritions of Candy cane ice creamcalories: 267.919 calories
calories: 16.8 grams fat
calories: 9.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 27.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24 grams sugar
calories: 2.9 grams protein
calories: 159 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 33 milligrams sodium