Bite into this irresistible chocolate-covered honeycomb to discover caramel popcorn and crunchy coconut flakes.
The ingredient of Choc-top honeycomb
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups nutty caramel popcorn
- 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 15g butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
The instruction how to make Choc-top honeycomb
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges on all sides.
- Place sugar, golden syrup, honey and 2/3 cup water in a medium heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved (do not boil).
- Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 18 to 20 minutes or until temperature reaches hard crack on a candy thermometer (146C to 150C). Remove from heat. Stand for 1 minute to allow bubbles to subside.
- Working quickly and carefully, sift bicarbonate of soda over mixture. Stir to combine. Add popcorn. Fold to combine. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan, spreading quickly with a spatula to level (mixture will begin to set quite fast). Set aside for 3 hours or until firm.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Stand for 5 to 10 minutes to cool. Spread chocolate mixture over honeycomb. Sprinkle with coconut. Set aside for 1 hour or until set. Roughly cut honeycomb into pieces. Serve (see note).
Nutritions of Choc-top honeycombcalories: 205.062 calories
calories: 4.7 grams fat
calories: 3.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 38.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.2 grams protein
calories: 2 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 233 milligrams sodium