Irresistible bits of fun beckon with this choc-peppermint fudge.
The ingredient of Choc-peppermint fudge
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons glucose syrup
- 125g butter, chopped
- 4 drops green food colouring
- 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- 180g block white chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 small candy canes, chopped
The instruction how to make Choc-peppermint fudge
- Grease pan a 4cm deep, 20cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
- Place condensed milk, sugar, syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, without boiling, for 10 minutes or until mixture is glossy and sugar has dissolved.
- Tint mixture green with food colouring. Add essence. Increase heat to medium-low. Bring to a simmer, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture thickens and comes away from side of pan. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate until combined and melted. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Set aside for 30 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm.
- Use star cutters to cut shapes from fudge. Place dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 1 minute, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, or until smooth. Transfer to a small snaplock bag. Snip 1 corner from bag. Pipe a small round of chocolate onto each piece of fudge. Top with candy cane. Set aside for 1 hour to set. Serve.
Nutritions of Choc-peppermint fudgecalories: 70.505 calories
calories: 3.3 grams fat
calories: 2.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 9.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 0.8 grams protein
calories: 8 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 25 milligrams sodium