This butter chicken and sweet potato tray bake looks like it takes hours to make, but is ready in only 30 minutes!
The ingredient of Butter chicken and sweet potato tray bake recipe
- 700g small gold sweet potatoes, cut into 1.5cm-thick slices
- 600g Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 485g jar Coles Butter Chicken Simmer Sauce
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 6 stems curry leaves
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (200g) basmati rice
- Steamed snow peas, to serve
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Butter chicken and sweet potato tray bake recipe
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place the sweet potato in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and cook in microwave on high for 6 mins or until just tender.
- Place the chicken, simmer sauce, coconut milk, lime juice and fish sauce in a large flameproof roasting pan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Top with the sweet potato. Bake for 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked through, adding 4 curry leaf stems in the last 3 mins of cooking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and 2 remaining curry leaf stems and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until the onion softens.
- Add the rice to the onion mixture in the pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add 2 cups (500ml) water and stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12 mins or until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 5 mins. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Divide the rice and chicken among serving plates. Serve with snow peas, chilli, if using, and coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Butter chicken and sweet potato tray bake recipecalories: 489.95 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 59 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 35 grams protein
calories: 1111 milligrams sodium