Satisfy that sweet tooth with homemade honeycomb – its the bees knees!
The ingredient of Choc-dipped honeycomb
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 180g block dark chocolate, melted
The instruction how to make Choc-dipped honeycomb
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Place sugar, honey, golden syrup and 1/2 cup cold water in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved (do not boil).
- Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 15 minutes or until temperature reaches hard crack on a candy thermometer (146u00b0C to 150u00b0C). Remove from heat. Stand for 1 minute to allow bubbles to subside.
- Working quickly and carefully, sift bicarbonate of soda over mixture. Stir to combine. Pour mixture evenly into prepared pan, spreading quickly with a spatula to level (mixture will begin to set quite quickly). Set aside for 3 hours or until firm.
- Turn out honeycomb onto a board and cut into pieces. Dip one end of each piece of honeycomb into chocolate. Place onto a tray lined with baking paper. Set aside for 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Serve.
Nutritions of Choc-dipped honeycombcalories: