With spinach, peas, asparagus and mint, this one-pan chicken and rice dish has 3 serves of vegies.
The ingredient of One-pan green fix rice with chicken recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup SunRice Low GI Brown Rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 100g baby spinach, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, just thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved lengthways, cut into 6cm lengths
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make One-pan green fix rice with chicken recipe
- Heat half the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes to rest. Add prosciutto to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towel to drain. Roughly tear into pieces.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Cook leek and celery for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add rice and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Place spinach, mint and 1 cup peas in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add asparagus and remaining peas to rice. Cook, covered, for a further 3 minutes or until rice is just tender and vegetables are bright green. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach mixture. Cook for 1 minute. Season.
- Slice chicken. Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with chicken, prosciutto, extra spinach and parmesan. Serve.
Nutritions of One-pan green fix rice with chicken recipecalories: 711.025 calories
calories: 32.4 grams fat
calories: 9.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 47 grams carbohydrates
calories: 52.5 grams protein
calories: 810 milligrams sodium