Nougat is a classic crowd pleaser and with this festive recipe, everyone will be asking for more.
The ingredient of Cranberry and pistachio nougat
- 3 sheets edible rice paper (see note)
- 1/4 cup glucose syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 eggwhite
- pink food colouring
- 1/2 cup pistachio kernels, toasted
- 1 1/3 cups blanched almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
The instruction how to make Cranberry and pistachio nougat
- Grease a 19cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides. Line base with 1 1/2 sheets rice paper, trimming to fit.
- Place glucose syrup, honey, sugar and 1/3 cup hot water in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until sugar has dissolved, brushing down side of pan with water to remove sugar crystals. Place a candy thermometer in pan (dont let it touch base). Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture reaches 150u00b0C on thermometer (see tip). Remove pan from heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhite in a large, heatproof bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add syrup in a steady stream, beating to combine. Tint pink with food colouring. Working quickly, fold through pistachios, almonds and cranberries. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Using a wet spatula, smooth top, pressing down firmly. Top with remaining rice paper, trimming to fit. Press down firmly. Stand at room temperature until set. Lift from pan. Cut into squares. Serve.
Nutritions of Cranberry and pistachio nougatcalories: 109.701 calories
calories: 3.2 grams fat
calories: 0.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 19.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.4 grams protein
calories: 22 milligrams sodium