For perfect presents this Christmas, package up these sweet nougat treats.
The ingredient of Honey, pistachio and cranberry nougat
- 2 sheets edible rice paper (see note)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon glucose syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups pistachio kernels, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
The instruction how to make Honey, pistachio and cranberry nougat
- Grease a 3cm-deep, 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and long sides with foil, extending foil 3cm from edge of pan. Place 1 rice paper sheet over base of prepared pan.
- Place sugar, honey and glucose in a small saucepan. Place over low heat. Stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, until mixture reaches 155u00b0C on a candy thermometer. Remove pan from heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large, heatproof bowl, until firm peaks form. Add hot honey mixture in a slow, steady stream. Continue beating until mixture cools (about 5 minutes). Add vanilla, pistachios, coconut and cranberries. Stir until just combined.
- Working quickly, spread mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining rice paper sheet. Press down to flatten and spread evenly. Set aside to cool completely. Cut nougat into squares.
Nutritions of Honey, pistachio and cranberry nougatcalories: 138.859 calories
calories: 4.2 grams fat
calories: 1.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 24.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1.8 grams protein
calories: 19 milligrams sodium