Using Coles Bakery pre-made Unfilled Sponge Cake, you can create the perfect Christmas dessert in under 30 minutes!
The ingredient of Strawberry layer cake with champagne icing
- 1 cup (150g) white chocolate melts, melted
- Red gel food colouring
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- 450g Coles Bakery Rectangular Unfilled Sponge Cake
- 1/4 cup (80g) strawberry jam
- 125g strawberries, halved
- 250g butter, softened
- 3 cups (450g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup (60ml) champagne or sparkling wine
The instruction how to make Strawberry layer cake with champagne icing
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Pour two-thirds of the melted chocolate onto lined tray. Use a spatula to spread until 3mm thick.
- Tint the remaining chocolate pink with the red food colouring. Use a spoon to drizzle pink chocolate over the white chocolate on the tray to make swirls. Sprinkle chocolate with two-thirds of the crushed candy canes. Set aside to set. Break into shards.
- Meanwhile, to make the champagne frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the butter in a bowl until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Slowly add the champagne or wine, beating until well combined.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with jam and half the champagne frosting. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Spread remaining frosting over the top of the cake. Decorate cake with chocolate shards and strawberries and sprinkle with remaining crushed candy canes to serve.
Nutritions of Strawberry layer cake with champagne icingcalories: