Swap your next takeaway for this healthy pork coconut curry - rich, fragrant and packed full of vegies.
The ingredient of Healthy pork coconut curry
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup yellow curry paste
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 small (500g) butternut pumpkin, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced
- 500g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Healthy pork coconut curry
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste, ginger and lemongrass. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in stock, fish sauce and lime juice. Add onion and pumpkin. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add pork, cauliflower and tomatoes. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until pork is almost cooked through.
- Add beans. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until pork is cooked and vegetables are tender. Top with coriander. Serve with lime wedges and rice.
Nutritions of Healthy pork coconut currycalories: