Ready in 45 minutes, this quick and easy Japanese-inspired soup is just the thing to warm you up on a chilly night. Its also high in fibre and packed with 2 serves of vegies.
The ingredient of Chicken and udon noodle red miso broth recipe
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/3 cup red miso paste
- 180g dried udon noodles
- 1 large carrot, diagonally sliced
- 300g broccoli, small florets
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peeled edamame
- 300g silken firm tofu, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Finely shredded nori, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken and udon noodle red miso broth recipe
- Place stock and 1 litre cold water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Return to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand chicken in stock mixture for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a chopping board. Thinly slice chicken.
- Meanwhile, place miso paste and 1/4 cup of hot stock mixture in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring stock mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add paste mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined. Add carrot and broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, edamame, noodles, chicken and tofu. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Divide broth mixture among serving bowls. Top with onion, nori and sesame seeds. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and udon noodle red miso broth recipecalories: 474.176 calories
calories: 8.8 grams fat
calories: 1.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 45.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 47.7 grams protein
calories: 73 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2691 milligrams sodium