Made with chickpeas, dates and coconut these chewy chocolate biscuits will satisfy your sugar cravings without the guilt.
The ingredient of Healthier chocolate cookies recipe
- 10 dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 45g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 75g (1/3 cup) solidified coconut oil, melted, cooled
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus extra to flatten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Healthier chocolate cookies recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C /160C fan forced and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the dates in a heatproof bowl and cover with water. Set aside for 2 minutes to soften. Use a fork to coarsely mash
- Process the oats in a food processor and until chopped. Add the dates, chickpeas, coconut, coconut oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, egg and vanilla. Process to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to allow to thicken.
- Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared trays. Dip the tines of a fork in cocoa to prevent sticking, and press into each cookie first one way and then the other (biscuits should be 1cm thick). Keep dipping the fork into cocoa as needed.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days, (biscuits will become softer).
Nutritions of Healthier chocolate cookies recipecalories: