Weve given potato salad a low-cal, gut-friendly makeover with good-for-you vegies and a zesty herb dressing.
The ingredient of Healthier potato salad with herb dressing recipe
- 500g small low GI potatoes (Carisma or other low GI variety), skin on, quartered
- 450g small sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 65g (1/4 cup) walnuts, broken
- 1 bunch asparagus, shaved, blanched
- 2-3 green shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/3 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 20g (1/2 cup) fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill sprigs
- 18g (1/2 cup) fresh basil leaves
- 25g (1/2 cup) fresh spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Healthier potato salad with herb dressing recipe
- Steam or boil the potato and sweet potato until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Peel the soft-boiled eggs and cut in half. Set aside. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the capers and walnut. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly crisp and golden. Remove from heat.
- To make the herb dressing, place egg, lemon rind and 1 tsp juice in a food processor. Process for a few seconds. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add the garlic, parsley, dill, basil, spinach and 1-2 tbs remaining lemon juice to taste. Process until almost smooth. Season well then use some more lemon juice or water to reach the desired consistency, if needed.
- Place the potato and sweet potato on a serving plate. Top with egg halves and asparagus. Sprinkle with the shallot, dill and mint. Drizzle over the herb dressing. Scatter over the caper walnut mixture and season well.
Nutritions of Healthier potato salad with herb dressing recipecalories: 202.433 calories
calories: 10.9 grams fat
calories: 1.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 15.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.5 grams protein